Tuesday, April 6, 2010

GOD IS MY VICTORY!!

It's 2010 alreadyyy!!!!

This blog is practically near the brink of death for almost a year, blame to my laziness to update *haha*
It's been a lot going on for the past couple months *obviously, duh!*, but I just want to share something really simple right now.

Well, I'm in my last year of college and soon will enter the "professional" world. HUAHH!!! no longer a student!! Can you believe that?? Finally I'll be able to kick the "student" title from my shoulder MUAHAHAHA!
Honestly, I'm not ready for it. Really really not ready. The thought of real deadlines and paying bills and everything scares me away *ok mutia, how old are you???*
Sooo speaking about it, in order for me to be ready for the next journey, God has helped me a lot.

*Indo mode on*
Aduh sumpe susah bener bo ngetik pke bahasa inggris!!! -_-a
*Indo mode off*

It all started last semester when I took Anthony's class and on the very last day of class, he looked at my portfolio and said, "Honey, you'd better get crankin' right now, if not, you're not gonna make it into the industry."

....

Yes I knew from the very beginning that my level at that time didn't really cut for it. Still, hearing it directly from the professional *art director per se* punched me. Hard.
And it kinda made me realize, it was really useless to be prideful.
Yeah, I was that prideful of my work, and sometimes *a lot of times actually* looked down on people whom I thot wasn't standing in the same level. But guess what? God slapped me and crushed that ego of mine to pieces.

I knew I had to improve a lot, but had no clue where to start.
Then 1 day, I visited my best friend's classroom and talked to her teacher who used to be my teacher back in freshman year. For some reason, the conversation was going into improving skill and such, and suddenly Mike *her teacher* said to me, "Well, if you're willing to work hard, I'll help you out."

WHATTTT!!!

Seriously, it's like an answered prayer to me! God sent someone, who's been working in the industry *Lucasfilm, hello??* to be my personal mentor!
Mike said he was going to kick my butt, and he really does!!!! He even said the same thing Anthony said to me when he checked on my sketchbook. -_-a
So I guessed I really have to work hard, eh?
He assigned me 2500 drawings and 100 paintings to complete. Crazy, huh?
Those 2500 drawings consisted of 1000 heads, 500 legs, 500 arms, 250 feet and 250 hands. The 100 paintings consisted of 25 still lives, 25 portraits, 25 nude figures and 25 landscapes.
I also added 500 gestures to the "boot camp menu" to practice, plus started doing live sketching minimal 2 drawings per day.

Also, God gave me the chance to enroll into Honors Portfolio class. Some of my friends said they don't really like it and they feel like they're not improving, but it's different case for me.
The way I see that class is not just to make portfolios and get good grades. For me personally, that class is a training ground on how to surrender fully to the Lord.
Why?
Because I'm fully aware, if I don't rely on Him, I'm going to be soooo stressed out. We have the best students here, and honestly speaking, I don't deserve to enroll! I wasn't recommended to take this class when my midpoint review came out.
It's only by God's grace that Chuck *my director* reviewed couple of my stuffs for the second time and then let me take this class.

God knows my desire, and He lights up the path for me to see :).
I don't know what's more in store, but all I can believe is there's going to be something much much greater!
Remember that all believers are made for far greater things than ourselves can even imagine!
It's really amazing when I looked back on my journey with God. I've been far apart from Him for quite a long time, but He remains faithful to me.

"Be still and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10

0 ramblings:

Post a Comment